Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Winter Break Reading List

Saidiya Hartman. Lose Your Mother: A Journey Along the Atlantic Slave Route. [A Good Luck on Comps gift I have yet to tackle. Thanks A.K.F.]

Paul Gilroy. The Black Atlantic. [I've read it before and I'm going to read it again, and again, until until I know it inside out]

Patricia Hill Collins. Black Feminist Thought. [A classic that I have jumped back and forth in but never read all the way through]

Farah Jasmine Griffin. "Who Set You Flowin'?" The African-American Migration Narrative. [Because she is fly and because Chicago is a Great Migration destiantion]

Francille Rusan Wilson. The Segregated Scholars. [Because it is better than The Great Debaters and woman-centered]

Marcus Rediker. The Slave Ship. [Methodologically impressive--and why do so few scholars of color try to research this subject?]

What's on your list?

(This type of post is a staple on many, many blogs, but hat tip to Kameelah@ which is where I last saw it)

No comments: