Thursday, February 14, 2008

Today is Valentine's Day

Wow. There are so many ways this could go down.

I could love my dissertation today, as suggested by my favorite grind-aholics at PhinishD....

I could poll my love, like the Fem Law Profs did. (If I did, I would be "Loving my Haagen-Daas" or in this case "Lovin my Mrs. Pea's Homemade Trinidad Rum Raisin")...

I could search for black love on the blogosphere like Shecodes...or celebrate black love throughout history like Mes Deux Cents (this one is pretty cute)....or just go out and hug a black person because "they probably need it" like InkogNegro suggests....

I could argue about black love, like I want to with Mr. TSO who considers black women who "settle"...although I can't argue with his earlier hilarious "What Every Man Should Know" post....

I could love all women (or not?)....

I could ponder the latina/o blogosphere silence on love at the moment (but it is 9:00 am on the East Coast...I guess I can update around 1:00 when the gente have finally had their cafe con leche)....

I could send some love out across the Diaspora in words and song....

I could love Eve's dress at this event and consider how I can cop the Target version for myself....and wear it while I eat my Trinidad Rum Raisin tonight....

hmm....

okay, okay.

I'll just love today what I love all the time--the blessings of my life:










And last but never least Mr.....Peach?


*sigh. Love you all. Happy Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

Mes Deux Cents said...

Hi,

Thanks for the link! I hope you had a nice St. Valentine's Day. :)

Kismet Nuñez said...

Thank YOU for the great post. I'm glad I could pass it along. And it was a good 14th.

Stay blessed. Happy (belated) Black Love day!