Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sincerely, Kis

Left the city, my momma she said don't come back home
These kids round' killin each other, they lost they minds, they gone
They quittin' school, making babies and can barely read
Some gone off to their fall, lord have mercy on them

Taking a Waiting 2 Speak blog break to do some real world things (rape crisis hotline, Incite,Visions 2 Peace, dissertation & other reads, family & friends). If you're so inclined, you can catch my updates at Nunez Daughter, on twitter, check what I'm reading on del.icio.us, or drop me an afrofuturist artist line over at Liberated Muse. But I need to get it together and get my head right. So I hope you'll forgive me.

(Besides, maybe this will give K. Iris some space to speak her mind. Come on, beautiful! You can do it!)

Peace, y'all!


----------------
Now playing: Janelle Monáe - Sincerely, Jane
via FoxyTunes

No comments: